Creating a cable pathway through a building
- Ideal for:
- Architects, Designers, Product specifiers, Facilities managers, Electrical consulting engineers, Electrical contractors, Clients, Students
- Course Duration:
- 1 hour (to include a Q&A session)
- Seminars can be carried out at our Birmingham head office, Legrand Training Centre, Great King Street North, Birmingham, B19 2LF, or delivered at client premises anywhere in the UK
- Contact us:
- Email UK Training
As of the 1st January 2019, UK electrical installations standards will require the wiring systems within a building to be adequately supported against their premature collapse in the event of a fire.
Previously just a requirement of escape routes, the BS 7671:2018 IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition provides a substantial update which will improve the electrical safety of buildings across the UK.
Sitting against the backdrop of the Dame Judith Hackitt Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety Final Report, this session will provide guidance and recommendations to best specify cable containment systems to maximise fire safety and explain how to create a cable pathway through a building.
At the end of the seminar, participants will have examined:
• The CPR Regulation in terms of cables
• The BS 7671:2018 IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition, with a particular focus on escape routes and premature collapse
• Requirements for the installation of telecommunications cabling
• The important factors around the selection and installation of cabling for life safety and fire fighting applications and its relationship to cable containment systems
• How to bring all of the information together to form a cable pathway through a building
- Standards Overview
- Background (landscape, Hackitt report)
- CPR Regulation
- Escape routes / premature collapse
- Telecommunications cabling
- Cable systems for life safety
- Fire safety in design, management and use
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Cable routing – bringing it all together
Innovating cable management systems
An overview of cable management systems and how innovation can respond to the needs of users, specifiers, distributors and installers.
Technical guide to cable management system
This new ‘technically’ based CPD presentation, covering cable management systems, is aimed at more experienced engineers with a greater depth of knowledge over the subject matter.
Cable management - overhead systems
This seminar covers all types of overhead cable management systems and gives an introduction to selecting the correct system, duty, finish etc.
Guide to specifying and designing a metallic trunking system
This seminar gives delegates an understanding of all types of surface trunking systems and guidance on specifying the right system.
Guide to selecting and installing cable management floor systems
This seminar gives an introduction to the benefits and varying types of cable management flooring systems and best practice guidance on selecting and installing floor systems.
Visit our training page for more information on the courses offered by Legrand