The connected home
- Ideal for:
- Architects, Designers, Product specifiers, Facilities managers, Electrical consulting engineers, Electrical contractors, System integrators
- Course Duration:
- 1 hour
- Seminars can be carried out at our Birmingham head office, Legrand Training Centre, Great King Street North, Birmingham, B19 2LF, or delivered at client premises anywhere in the UK
- Contact us:
- Email UK Training
Smart devices in the home can operate to manage the efficiency of individual services (heating, hot water, lighting, assisted living etc.). The role of automation is key and can ensure consumers maintain comfort in their home while reducing energy costs and peak demand. This seminar considers home automation and covers: Why a smart home? Lighting and automation; lamps and motors; heating; audio.
At the end of the seminar, participants will have examined:
- Lighting - meet your project’s automated lighting requirements. Develop future smart connected projects.
- Temperature - provide heat and cooling when and where required whilst remaining simple and intuitive to use.
- Energy - save energy and view energy usage. Link to other technologies.
- Audio - guarantee an unparalleled listening experience.
- Connectivity - functional and independent, to interoperable, to connected, to smart.
- Why a smart home?
- Lighting and automation
- Lamps and motors
- Further learning
- Q & A
Internet of Things (IoT) - Real life applications
This presentation addresses real life examples of the Internet of Things and explores how IoT technologies and innovations will impact our daily lives both now and in the future.
Digital revolution - What can automation deliver?
An introduction to automation, specifically considering entertainment, control, comfort, security and energy saving functionality.
Delivering residential automation
An introduction to residential automation, specifically considering entertainment; control; comfort; security and energy saving functionality.
Specifier’s guide to door entry systems
An overview of the issues specifiers of door entry systems need to consider when designing these kinds of security systems.
Visit our training page for more information on the courses offered by Legrand