Technical guide to cable management system
- Ideal for:
- Architects, Product specifiers, Facilities Managers, Electrical consulting engineers, Electrical contractors
- Course Duration:
- 1 Hour (to include a Q&A session)
- Seminars can be carried out at our Birmingham head office or delivered at client premises anywhere in the UK.
- Contact us:
- Email UK Training
This new ‘technically’ based CPD presentation, covering cable management systems, is aimed at more experienced engineers with a greater depth of knowledge over the subject matter. The presentation includes: introduction; installation of the system; installation of the cable; environment; regulations and standards; summary; further learning and Q&A.
At the end of the seminar, participants will have considered:
- Ladders and trays should only be employed for their intended use
- Safe use of these products is best ensured by installing parts that have been designed and tested together as a system
- Due consideration should be made to deflection limits and to load tests in order to make true comparison
- Location of support positions and the type of fittings selected in regards to bending radii of the cables is key
- Selecting the right finish for the environment should be of paramount consideration
- Ladders and trays should be considered as integral parts of the building fabric
- Installation of the system
- structural characteristics
- support systems
- straight cable ladder and cable tray lengths
- coupler types
- Installation of the cable
- power cables
- electro mechanical effect
- selection of right material and finishes
- Regulations and standards
- Further Learning
Innovating cable management systems
An overview of cable management systems and how innovation can respond to the needs of users, specifiers, distributors and installers.
Guide to selecting and installing cable management floor systems
This seminar gives an introduction to the benefits and varying types of cable management flooring systems and best practice guidance on selecting and installing floor systems.
Cable management - overhead systems
This seminar covers all types of overhead cable management systems and gives an introduction to selecting the correct system, duty, finish etc.
Guide to specifying and designing a metallic trunking system
This seminar gives delegates an understanding of all types of surface trunking systems and guidance on specifying the right system.
Installation and specification of cable ladder and cable tray systems
This seminar provides an introduction to best practice, examining structural characteristics, support systems, span size and safe loadings and finishes of cable ladder and cable tray.
Visit our training page for more information on the courses offered by Legrand