Internet of Things (IoT) - Real life applications
- Ideal for:
- Architects, designers, product specifiers, facilities managers, electrical consulting engineers, electrical contractors
- Course Duration:
- 1 hour
- Seminars can be carried out at our Birmingham head office, Legrand Training Centre, Great King Street North, Birmingham, B19 2LF, or delivered at client premises anywhere in the UK
- Contact us:
- Email UK Training
This presentation addresses real life examples of the Internet of Things and explores how IoT technologies and innovations will impact our daily lives both now and in the future. It also explores the link with other digital technologies such as Building Information Modelling and the challenges cities face in the digital age to become ‘smart’.
At the end of the seminar, participants will have examined how the IoT will:
- Be a new era for the building sector
- Develop future smart connected products
- Deliver added value to users
- Need to be simple and intuitive to use
- Promote future innovation
- Link to other technologies
- Create ‘smart’ environments
- What do we mean by the term the IoT?
- The connected home (building)
- The smart metering home area network
- Digital music delivery
- Impact on the future:
1. Smart lighting
2. Smart security
3. Building Information Modelling (BIM)
4. Healthcare (assisted living)
- Case studies
- Regulations and standards
- Further learning
Digital revolution - What can automation deliver?
An introduction to automation, specifically considering entertainment, control, comfort, security and energy saving functionality.
Delivering residential automation
An introduction to residential automation, specifically considering entertainment; control; comfort; security and energy saving functionality.
Specifier’s guide to door entry systems
An overview of the issues specifiers of door entry systems need to consider when designing these kinds of security systems.
Visit our training page for more information on the courses offered by Legrand