Fire Stopping: Breaking the Cycle of Non-Compliance
- Ideal for:
- Architects, Clients, Designers, Developers, Electrical engineers, End users, Specifiers, Surveyors
- Course Duration:
- 1 hour
- Seminars can be carried out at our Birmingham head office, Legrand Training Centre, Great King Street North, Birmingham, B19 2LF, or delivered at client premises anywhere in the UK
- Contact us:
- Email UK Training
This seminar provides discussion around the importance and relevance of fire stopping cable pathways and offers solutions to the issues surrounding cable moves, adds and changes. It also offers an overview of the complex nature of fire safety responsibility and demonstrates how to achieve successful fire protection and containment whilst breaking the cycle of non-conformance.
- A reminder of the importance and relevance of fire stopping cable pathways
- Discuss the factors involved to achieve successful fire protection and containment
- Understand the need for future flexibility of cable moves, adds and changes
- Overview of types of cable pathway fire stopping systems
- Discuss national and international testing, certification, standards and regulation
- Be aware of the complexity around fire safety responsibilities
- Share solutions including specification checklist
- Non-conformance and how to break the cycle
- Fire protection
- Fire containment
- Fire safety responsibility
- Cable moves, adds & changes
- Types of fire stopping systems
- Cable penetration seals
- Standards & regulations
- Further learning
Creating a cable pathway through a building
Sitting against the backdrop of the Dame Judith Hackitt Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety Final Report, this session will provide guidance and recommendations to best specify cable containment systems to maximise fire safety and explain how to create a cable pathway through a building.
Innovating cable management systems
An overview of cable management systems and how innovation can respond to the needs of users, specifiers, distributors and installers.
Technical guide to cable management system
This new ‘technically’ based CPD presentation, covering cable management systems, is aimed at more experienced engineers with a greater depth of knowledge over the subject matter.
Cable management - overhead systems
This seminar covers all types of overhead cable management systems and gives an introduction to selecting the correct system, duty, finish etc.
Guide to specifying and designing a metallic trunking system
This seminar gives delegates an understanding of all types of surface trunking systems and guidance on specifying the right system.
Guide to selecting and installing cable management floor systems
This seminar gives an introduction to the benefits and varying types of cable management flooring systems and best practice guidance on selecting and installing floor systems.
Visit our training page for more information on the courses offered by Legrand