- Scarborough (YO11 3BY)
- Job type:
- £0 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Expiry Date:
To work within the Scarborough maintenance department providing support for manufacturing.
- To facilitate the on time production of orders by ensuring good levels of tool and machine uptime and to work closely with management on these issues.
- To assist management in keeping a sensible stock of spare parts in the department.
- To be able to fault find issues on tooling and machines and offer and carry out solutions to problems where capable.
- To work closely with management on the design and manufacture of new tooling.
- To contribute to a high level of health & safety within the maintenance department and the main factory and to report any unsafe practises or defective machines to management.
- To facilitate good levels of machine uptime by regular planned maintenance.
- To make use of any other relevant skills to facilitate the smooth running of the production department, including sharing knowledge and training others if required.
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities when requested by Management.
- Always abide by the Legrand Group Core Values and Code of Ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
Key things that we are looking for are:
- Relevant engineering qualification is required.
- Have in depth knowledge of press tooling.
- Have a good working knowledge of rolling mills, CNC machines and power presses.
- To possess an above average appreciation of Health & Safety and COSHH.
- To assist the other maintenance functions where capable, eg machine breakdowns (mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic).
- Be capable of safely operating machines such as millers, drills, grinders, lathes wire eroders and any other equipment considered essential in toolmaking.
- Be well organised and able to prioritise and multi task.
- Be self-motivated and capable of dealing with fast moving and challenging events.
- Possess well developed communication and interpersonal skills and able to deal with people at all levels both in and outside the business.
- Be able to analyse complex situations and give balanced well considered opinions.
- Reporting to - Shift Manager & Maintenance Manager (Scarborough)
- Rotating shift - 06:00 – 14:00 / 14:00 – 22:00