- Consett - DH8 6SR
- Job type:
- £0 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Expiry Date:
A position has arisen for a Quality Manager, who will be based at the Consett site. The role involves managing, leading and coordinating activities to both the Quality Management system and the Quality Control of product manufactured within the Power Distribution, Wiring Devices and Cable Management areas of the business.
This role would suit a Quality Manager with the following skills and experience:
- Manage and oversee all work relating to the Quality team.
- Manage the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Responsible for the completion of internal ISO9001 Audits across all Legrand sites.
- Produce and communicate quality procedures to Shop Floor employees.
- Provide training to Shop Floor employees when a change of quality takes effect/including new products.
- Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
- Co-ordination of Quality Control/Calibration (manage all at Consett & Scarborough)/Scrap & reject (all sites)/Supplier QC (components and materials for Consett & Scarborough production).
- Investigation of customer complaints for all UK manufactured product and factored product from Legrand subsidiaries and report preparation relating to this.
- Organisation and management of external audit bodies.
- A HNC in Quality systems is essential.
- Previous experience in a technical domain, within an industrial sector is essential.
- Thorough understanding of Quality Control systems and processes involved in manufacture of Power products, sheet metal fabrication.
- Previous Management experience is essential.
- The role will require regular travel to visit other sites in the UK and occasionally abroad.
- Driving licence essential.
Excellent benefits package offered, including, but not limited to:
- Company Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance cover
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
Monday – Thursday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (30 minute lunch break)
Friday, 8:00am – 1:00pm (39 hours per week)
Written applications (covering letter and CV) to: Baljit Kaur, HR Advisor, Great King Street North, Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 2LF or; Baljit.Kaur@legrand.co.uk.