Product Manager – Assisted Living and Healthcare
- Blyth (NE24)
- Job type:
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Expiry Date:
Responsible for the management of the product life cycle of the Assisted Living and Healthcare Division of Legrand Electric Limited. To include; producing business cases to support the introduction of new products and services; liaison with the Company’s R&D resource centres; evaluation of existing and new third party products and services; overseeing product launches in cooperation with marketing communications, production and sales; managing product obsolescence.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning and tactical activities via a formalised gate management process.
- Preparation of business cases, functional design brief and related market surveys to instigate new product development.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported through customer insight and partnership working.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Management of the Company’s price book to optimise sales and profitability.
- Actively monitor Competition and undertake price comparisons of core products.
- Prepare and validate catalogues and technical data sheets.
- Provide support to technical sales department.
- Prepare the LRP (Long Range Plan) for the entire product portfolio and actively engage in the budgeting process.
- Collect, record, sort, and analyse market information (competition activity).
- Liaise with Group marketing teams (product managers and area marketing managers), R&D resource centre and other business units to develop efficient plans that avoid duplication and overlap.
- Operate within the agreed departmental budget.
Job Competencies/Key Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree level education preferably in a technology or related discipline.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Strong creative outlook.
- Well organised and able to prioritise and multi task.
- Able to source, collate, analyse & clearly present economic, product and market information.
- Able to assess the impact of new and emerging technology and determine appropriate responses.
- Have sound written skills and strong presentation skills.
- Able to liaise with and influence/persuade people at all levels, both inside and outside of the Company.
- Good knowledge of Marketing, Sales and Logistics processes.
- Good level of IT capability.
- A customer and results focused outlook.
- Able to exert discretion.
- Reporting to: Marketing Manager, Assisted Living and Healthcare, with dotted line to the MD
- Location: Blyth, Northumberland with UK & international travel as required