Product Manager – Assisted Living and Healthcare
- Blyth - NE24 5TF
- Cheadle - SK8 3GW
- Job type:
- £40000 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Expiry Date:
Overall Job Purpose:
Through effective planning and product life cycle management, develop the Legrand Assisted Living and Healthcare Business Unit’s (UK, Ireland, Export and, where applicable, Group) market presence, turnover and profitability. This role will be based at either our Blyth or Cheadle sites, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
- Prepare and submit the Business Unit (BU) Long Range Plan.
- Contribute to and operate within the BU Budget.
- Prepare and clearly communicate the BU Sales/Commercial Action Plan.
- Ensure forecast accuracy for all BU products.
- Proactively monitor competition activity and undertake price comparisons for core products.
- Visit customers regularly to promote customer relations and obtain marketing feedback.
- Be the main driver for promotions with selected customers, as defined by the Sales and Managing Directors.
- Be the guarantor for the Discount Structure and Trade Price Evolution of the BU product portfolio.
- Approve special price quotations within parameters set by the Sales and Managing Directors.
- Seek and specify market requirements for current and future products, via market research, customer insight and partnership working.
- Prepare and submit business cases and functional design briefs to instigate new product development.
- Work closely with UK and Group Marketing and R&D colleagues to develop the product range.
- Drive/champion a ‘whole solution’ mind set throughout the BU Development and Sales teams.
- Provide product marketing and technical information to Marketing Communications colleagues and validate all marketing/promotional material.
- Provide product technical support and training to BU Sales colleagues.
- Manage the entire life cycle of all BU products via a formalized ‘Gate Management’ process.
- Embrace/promote the Company’s Core Values, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments and ‘Building Success Together’ ethos.
Job Competencies / Key Skills:
- Proven experience in a comparable role.
- Ideally degree level educated in a related subject.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Able to source, collate, analyse & clearly present data and information in written or presentation form.
- Able to liaise with and influence/persuade people at all levels, both inside and outside of the Company.
- Good knowledge of all or a combination of; Marketing, Sales & Logistics processes.
- Good level of IT capability.
- A customer and results focused outlook.