Continuous Improvement & ‘Legrand Way’ Coordinator
- Consett (DH8 6SR)
- Job type:
- £0 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Expiry Date:
To work in cooperation with all Company departments and Group, to implement efficiency and cost saving projects (e.g. warehouse extension, production re-organisation, ‘Legrand Way’, change in business models etc).
- Apply fundamental Lean methodology to all processes, including but not limited to identifying and eliminate wastes and enhancing production flows.
- Review all current processes with a view to improving and ultimately optimising. Targeting Health and Safety, Quality, productivity, and space.
- Review current technologies and machinery used and engage in the budget process. Recommend investments in machinery or new technologies with a specific interest in productivity, energy consumption and environmental aspects.
- Engage and cooperate with all other departments in the pursuit of all company targets and process improvements, evolving into a mentor of Lean for other departments, including but not limited to Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Champion and oversee the Legrand Lean Management system “The Legrand Way”. Assist in the implementation process on developing sites and liaise with mature sites as the main contact with group on this topic. Sharing new practices and updating all sites when applicable.
- Always abide by the Legrand Group Core Values and Code of Ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
Job Competencies/Key Skills:
- A strong work ethic and a passion for Gemba and manufacturing processes.
- The ability to see and identify waste.
- Elimination of waste using Lean techniques such as 5 Whys, Deeming cycles, Line balancing.
- The ability to focus on set targets without distraction.
- The ability to think outside the box when options seem limited.
- Manufacturing experience and strong leadership skills essential
- Good communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Flexibility regarding travel (time to time in the UK and occasional travel internationally).
- Driving licence essential.
- Good time management and utilisation skills.
Reporting to: Consett Site Manager
Hours: 39 hours per week (flexible to suit needs of the role)