Administration / Reception Clerk
- Birmingham - B19 2LF
- Job type:
- Legrand UK
- £8364 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Expiry Date:
The Company: Legrand, the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures, manufactures and supplies under its’ ‘Powered by Specialists’ structure, a complete range of products and systems for residential, commercial and industrial markets.
Main Purpose of Role: To provide broad ranging administration support for Legrand UK Head Office activities and be the ‘first point of contact’ for all Legrand UK Head Office visitors and callers.
- Prepare all external post including the sorting and enveloping of customer invoices & statements for daily collection.
- Be the point of contact for all site collections.
- Arrange the transportation of Legrand inter-site mail.
- Take and correctly transfer all incoming switchboard calls and enquiries.
- Ensure that the switchboard message service is activated when necessary and all received messages are correctly distributed.
- Receive, sort and notify to recipients the presence of all site deliveries & incoming faxes.
- Monitor franking machine postage credit levels.
- Daily monitoring, preparing, distribution and recording of all on-line product brochure requests.
- Undertake all actions relating to the ordering, storage & issue of light/office consumables.
- Book lunches for customer events, training and meetings and arrange taxi transfers for visitors.
- Maintain supplier price list files.
- Check monthly mobile device usage and identify any anomalies. Also be the point of contact for mobile device queries.
- In the absence of the Office Manager process the booking of hotels, trains & flights.
- In the absence of Job Share Colleague; log & check expense submissions from external sales staff and organise Company Induction programmes for new starters.
- Undertake general Head Office administration tasks, e.g. spreadsheet maintenance, letter writing, mail shots etc., as directed by the Office Manager.
- Maintain the appearance of the UK Head Office Reception and associated storage areas.
- Be the first point of contact and provide general assistance for all visitors to the Legrand UK Head Office.
- Ensure that the correct visitor registration/signing-in procedure is followed at all times.
- Professional work appearance & attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills i.e. telephone manner and people skills.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Good levels of PC skills i.e. working knowledge of e-mail, word, excel.
- Able to work to set workflows & auditable administrative processes.
- Good organisation and all-round office/administration skills.
- Willing and able to provide full-time role holiday & sickness cover.
- Reports to: Office Manager
- Location: Great King Street North, Birmingham, B19 2LF
- Hours: 21 per week. Pattern; 12:45-17:00 Mon-Thur; 12:30-16:30 Fri
(plus 25 full days per year contractual holiday cover @ 7.5 hours/day)